Thursday, September 26, 2013

Camouflage & Poetry in Winter Wonderland

 This post is a response to IFB project: Soldier Chic, which is about styling the sizzling trend: camouflage. I know I cheated a little bit because these photos I'm using here are from January 2013. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the little story (& poem) and the photos.


It was a joy to capture the beauty of  the picturesque winter in my wonderful front yard last winter.  I can't remember why I decided to put on my zip-front camo down jacket for these photos.  I loved the frosty colors of the camo print and the giant detachable hood with faux fur trim. What I do remember very clearly was how magical and serene that moment was. It was 8 a.m, morning after a night of heavy snowfall; the whole town was still sleeping and the only footprints on the fresh snow were created by me in my Sperry Top-sider rain boots. I would have  loved to taste the snow (they looked good enough to eat) as I breathed in the fresh morning breezes.

The tree branches were covered in blankets of powder-white snow like they were dressed to 
impress.  
Even though it was no contest, boy--did I feel 
under-dressed. 
Nature is awe-inspiring and beautiful, and there is bountiful beauty to be
expressed.
In every season of the year we can dress with
 finesse.
Fashion vs. nature will never be at
rest.
To blend-in we camouflage like chameleons; to stand-out we spread conspicuous peacock feathers
abreast.

But it is futile to out-shine nature's
fairness.
So let's enjoy ourselves mongst the very
best.



















Have you ever taken a winter vacation to a winter wonderland? Do you live in such place? I would love to visit the destinations above in the near future for winter vacations.

Shop Camo Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment