Sunday, December 1, 2013

'Underworld' + 'The Matrix' Inspired Hybrid Black Winter Coats

badass black winter coats

Snow came early this year for us--not flurries but actual snow! I did not expect our local weather to dip in the 20's degree Fahrenheit a few days ago, which prompted me to gear up for freezing temperatures in thick coats and layers. Thank goodness everything from last year still fits !!!

What took me aback was the fact that I do not own any long black coats. There's a grey one, an aqua blue, and the camel, but no black coats!  I'd love a classic black wool coat, but when I saw the hybrids (wool + leather / wool +fur) I fell in love!  I am probably in that edgy phase right now, where I am obsessed with leather.


I did watch 'Underworld' and all of its sequels at one sitting some time ago, and I just suddenly had the urge to re-watch! I never really got 'the Matrix' after first viewing, so I might save it for a nerdy moment. The female leads in both movies rocked their leather gears iconically, and they inspired me to give hybrid coats a try this year.  It would be a bad-ass decision I won't regret.

I invite you to shop for a badass black winter coat with me at NORDSTROM right now.
Shop NORDSTROM for women's coats under $200. Plus, get free shipping and returns on every order.

 Be prepared for winter's cold weather...

badass black winter coats
  • bebe Asymmetrical Coat with Detachable Faux Fur Collar (BUY)

badass black winter coats
  •  bebe Faux Leather Trim Collarless Coat (BUY)


badass black winter coats
Laundry by Shelli Segal Quilted Sleeve Mixed Media Peacoat (BUY)

badass black winter coats
  • bebe Asymmetrical Tweed & Faux Leather Coat (BUY)

badass black winter coats

badass black winter coats
  • BB Dakota Mixed Media Coat with Detachable Faux Fur Vest (Online Only)- (BUY)







13 comments:

  1. I like this post and the collection of coats is amazing. I personally love bebe asymmetrical coat and that quilted sleeve mixed media peacoat.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Rio. I think the mix-media is so cool and different with the detachable fur--makes a coat more versatile.

      Delete